Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation Europe (NIDOE)Elects New Leadership!
The Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation Europe (NIDOE) elected new leadership during the just concluded 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in Athens, Greece on Saturday 12th November, 2016. The Election AGM had in attendance delegates from 14 countries Chapters across Europe.
The newly elected members of the Central Executive Council are:
1) Hon. Kenneth GBANDI (Germany) – Chairman
2) Engr. Cornelius OBOT (Netherlands) – Vice Chairman
3) Engr. Abiodun OGUNSAKIN (UK North) – General Secretary
4) Sir. Chibuzo UBOCHI (UK South) – Legal Adviser
5) Engr. Adeyemi ADEMUYIWA (Germany) – Financial Officer
6) Megan ADAOBI Clement (UK South) – IT Officer
7) Dr. Camillus KONKWO (Austria) – Social, Welfare and Event Officer
The Election AGM was attended by Hon. Barrister Rita Orji, Chairperson, House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora Affairs and the co-host, His Excellency, CDA, Mr. Ogah Usman Ari, the Nigerian Ambassador to Greece. In their respective speeches, both were specifically and
genuinely interested in assisting NIDOE to refocus on the original goals and objectives of pursuant to National Development for which it was created.
During the course of the AGM, both dignitaries worked extensively with the NIDOE General Assembly to review and resolve all outstanding misunderstandings. At the end, all parties agree with the proposal by the dignitaries to join hands together to move the organisation forward.
A member of the hitherto aggrieved party that were initially opposed to holding the election later moved the motion for the General House to proceed with the election; the motion was seconded and thereby carried by General House.
Both dignitaries remained in attendance from the beginning of the AGM till the end, participated as observers throughout the entire period of the election, and monitored the counting of votes. They both congratulated the newly elected Central Executive Council members, the entire NIDOE General House, and the Electoral Committee, for conducting such a free, fair and credible election. Hon. Barrister Rita Orji further charged the newly elected leadership to reach out to any remaining aggrieved members not present at the AGM to ensure that all hands are on deck in the new era of peacekeeping, unity and cooperation to jointly move the organisation forward for the development of our country Nigeria.
It was agreed by the General House and both dignitaries in attendance that the remaining positions that could not be occupied during the election shall be filled through co-option or possibly in a by election to be held at a later date.
The outgoing Chairman of NIDO Europe, Dr. George Manuwuike handed over the baton of leadership to the newly elected Chairman, Hon Kenneth Gbandi who in his acceptance speech, glorified the ex-Chairman, and also expressed his gratitude to his opponent Dr Bashir Obasekola, for all his services to NIDO Europe. He went further by expressing his gratitude to the entire NIDO Europe community for electing him to the position of Chairman, NIDOE Europe, and the Electoral committee for conducting a free and fair election. He concluded by appreciating the effort of both dignitaries present and promised to work very hard with the rest of his Central Executives Council to move the organisation forward.
While congratulatory and goodwill messages has continued to pour in for the new NIDOE Central Executive Council from notable individuals and organisations across the globe, the new NIDOE Central Executive Council hereby expresses sincere appreciations to the following facilitators;
– Hon. Barrister Rita Orji, Chairperson, House of Representatives
Committee on Diaspora Affairs.
– His Excellency, CDA, Mr. Ogah Usman Ari, the Nigerian Ambassador to
– Ambassador Sotiris Mousouris, President, Hellenic-African Chamber of
– The NIDOE AGM Committee, under the Chairmanship of Dr. Camillus
– The Host Chapter – NIDOE Greece, under the Chairmanship of Dr Emmanuel
– Immediate past NIDOE BoT, under the Chairmanship of Dr. George
– The NIDOE 2016 Electoral Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief
– All aggrieved NIDOE members who constructively supported the entire program of the AGM, including the adoption of the minutes, the ratification of the new MEMART, and the conduction of the election interest of peace, reconciliation and progress of the entire NIDOE organisation.
The Athens election AGM is an unprecedented success in the history of the organisation, given the number of individuals and chapters that were present, presented candidates for the election, and elected new Central Executive Council members unopposed. The new leadership has placed high priority on the reconciliation of all stakeholders to ensure that all hands are on deck, to deliver both on its promise to the members and its commitment to the Nigerian national development.
Abiodun Ogunsakin Kenneth Gbandi
Secretary General – NIDO Europe Chairman– NIDO Europe
For and on behalf of NIDO Europe
Engr. Abiodun Ogunsakin (Abey)
NIDO Europe Central Executive Council